[GiNaC-list] Python wrapper for a GiNaC derived library

Sheplyakov Alexei varg at theor.jinr.ru
Fri Aug 4 18:33:22 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 11:53:23AM -0400, Ondrej Certik wrote:

> You need to use a garbage collector, if you don't want to delete
> instances by yourself.

[snipped]

> Like this:
>
> #include <iostream>
> #include "gc_cpp.h"
>
> class basic: public gc
> //class basic
> {
>    public:
>        basic() {};
> };

> you need to inherit basic from "gc". gc_cpp is from
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/

1) I don't really understand why one needs such a GC for simple
   tree-like data types.
2) As a matter of fact, using general-purpose conservative GC prevents
   one from solving any real-world problems (see Mathematica).

Best regards,
 Alexei.

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.