[GiNaC-list] bug(?) in clifford_moebius_map

Sheplyakov Alexei varg at theor.jinr.ru
Mon Oct 31 19:13:53 CET 2005

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 04:11:14PM +0000, Vladimir Kisil wrote:

>     SA> Hello!  I've noticed that example code from cs.MS/0410044 ("An
>     SA> Example of Clifford Algebras Calculations with GiNaC") does not
>     SA> work.
>
> It did have some float point evaluation problem with new version
> of libraries.

In my case it did not even reach that far due to errors in
clifford_moebius_map.

> I have replaced the paper at arXiv.org already with new version

Actually, the code in the paper was OK (modulo minor issues like
missing #include <cmath>, BTW, it is better to NOT #include <math.h>
in C++ code unless you *really* know what are you doing).

> which works with  current GiNaC CVS.

Old version works with HEAD too. I've missed that comment about version
(moreover, the abstract says 1.3 is good enough). So, the actual problem
is that clifford_moebius_map in GiNaC 1.3 is broken.

Thanks,
  Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.