[GiNaC-list] matrix::solve(): how to use?

Jens Vollinga vollinga at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Wed Jun 29 16:47:19 CEST 2005

Hi Marco,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 04:05:46PM -0300, mdias at ift.unesp.br wrote:
> I am tryng to solve a linear system with lsove(), with many variables
> being zero, so lsolve() tell that is indeterminate, but some of these
> entries are of interest.
> So, I am looking for matrix::solve and construct a matrix to solve this.
> Somebody have a piece of code how to make a linear system a matrix to
> matrix::solve ?

I don't completely understand your question concerning these "entries of
interest", but maybe you want to have something like this:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
#include <ginac/ginac.h>
using namespace GiNaC;

int main()
{
	symbol f1("f1"), f2("f2");
	symbol A("A"), B("B");

	matrix M(2, 2, lst(f1, f1*f2,
	                    0,    f2));

	matrix x(2, 1, lst(A, B));

	matrix b(2, 1, lst(5, 10));

	// M x = b
	matrix result = M.solve(x, b);

	cout << result << endl;

	return 0;
}

Just a small example that can easily be adapted to bigger systems.

Regards,
Jens