CLN + GiNaC on MinGW

Jonathan Brandmeyer jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 2 03:48:01 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 08:51, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> Hi!

> Wait!  -finline-functions is something which is switched on with -O3
> normally.  Now, I do know that there used to be such unresolved symbols
> with -O3.  Since not much else is switched on with -O3 (only register
> renaming), maybe that would be the culprit?  Could you please try without
> -finline-functions and see how it goes?!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this.  The first time I did
this I recieved several multiple definition errors.  After a lot of
digging I worked around the problem my not using MAYBE_INLINE in all of
the places I recieved errors.  In each case the code being declared
MAYBE_INLINE was fairly large, certainly larger than I would consider
for an inline function.  I finally got a libcln-2.dll and both 'exam'
and 'test' passed.

I have a couple of additional questions.
1) Why does CLN use MAYBE_INLINE at all?  Defining a function inline in
one compilation unit and not inline in another sounds like a bad idea to
me.
2) What does CLN do that interferes with GCC's function inlining logic
such that all of those undefined references pop up?

Thanks,
Jonathan Brandmeyer