Can't find CLN

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Sun Oct 13 13:46:54 CEST 2002

Hi,

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Johannes Strömberg wrote:
> After compiling and installing CLN I try to run ./configure on GiNaC but it
> says it cannot find a CLN installation. What have I missed?

What exatly did it say?

It first tries to find the header files.  If you have configured CLN for
some path of your own you will have to provide an -I directive in
$CPPFLAGS.

Then it tries to link.  If you have configured CLN for some strange path
of your own you will have to provide an -L directive to $LDFLAGS.

This is described in section "3.2 Configuration" in the tutorial, see
<http://www.ginac.de/tutorial/tutorial_3.html#SEC8>.

HTH
<Richard.Kreckel at GiNaC.DE>