Automatic evaluation/simplification

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Nov 12 22:34:16 CET 2002

Yes, the FAQ says it is completely automatic.  However, is
there a way to switch it off?

Forgive me for the very imprecise question.  The situation
is as follows: we have some monster expressions where we need
to substitute a few thousands of symbol's occurrences with
something else.  We did that by implementing our own recursive
tree traversal.  However, we estimate that more than 80% of the
time is spent in attempted simplifications by GiNaC (which we
know are deemed to fail).  Is there any way to implement this
substitution process so as to avoid this big overhead?
Thanks in advance

     Roberto

--
Prof. Roberto Bagnara