OT: Annoying spam

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Mon Nov 26 14:19:04 CET 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Roland Richter wrote:
> it seems that the ginac list is abused by some idiots
> to distribute their sex spam mails (see the ginac-list
> archive for examples!)
>
> I guess nobody of the ginac community is responsible for this nonsense,
> but PLEASE do try to stop this abuse anyway, otherwise I'll have to consider
> to unsubscribe the list (and I don't want to do that).

Sorry, but we are in Tokyo and hooked up thru some 4800Modem or something
on a Mac that likes to jump into Japanese keyboard-mode.  This bullshit is
really annoying, but I cannot do much for the next 10 days or so, I am
afraid.

Could someone with better internet connectivity on the list please
1) check if this stuff contains traces of some virus/worm,
2) check whether our archive at www.ginac.de/lists/ contains holes?
   (I am under the impression that more spam went through our
   Majordomo than can be seen there, is that right?)

Either me or somebody else can look into the problem somewhat closer, but
please, this info might help us a lot.

Sayonara
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>