failed asertion

Ben Sapp bsapp at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 27 20:07:30 CEST 2001

I am trying to use GiNaC in, GNU Octave, an interactive scripting
language used primarily for numerical analysis.
Below, I provide some output from octave.   Can you provide any clues as
to what I may be doing to make the following assertion to fail?  What
can I do to fix it?

octave:1> symbols
installing ex type at type-id = 18
installing sym type at type-id = 19
installing vpa type at type-id = 20
octave:2> page_screen_output = 0;
octave:3>  x = sym("x")
x =

octave:4> x^2
octave: basic.h:77: GiNaC::basic::~basic(): Assertion `(!(flags &
status_flags::dynallocated))||(refcount==0)'
failed.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:bsapp at lanl.gov>   Phone: (505)667-3277