configure cannot find headers for libreadline

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Thu Jul 12 13:22:04 CEST 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Chris Dams wrote:
> Configure cannot find the headers for libreadline, although they are
> definately present. I tried setting the CPPFLAGS as in
> setenv CPPFLAGS -I/usr/locacal/gnu/include
> ./configure --prefix=/home/thef/chrisd/c++
> but still configure does not find them. Does somebody know how to solve
> this problem? Note: I am on a unix where I am not allowd to set symlinks
> in system include dirs. (If this were allowed, I would probably not be
> posting anything here).

Usually exporting CPPFLAGS is it.  At least for finding the headers.  Then
you also might have to export LDFLAGS so it can find the linkable
libreadline but this has nothing to do with the header.

Please study the output of configure (file config.log) carefully, usually
you can find the source of the problem there.

Regards
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>
<http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~kreckel/>