Polynomials

Wolfgang Abele abele at kingmemo.de
Wed Jul 4 20:50:39 CEST 2001

Hi Christian,

> Yes. GiNaC doesn't use CLN's polynomial type because we needed to work with
> a more general class of expressions.
Let's see if I understand the situation:

To implement polynomial factorization algorithms I could start
coding for the CLN immediately because CLN lets me define polynomials in Z
mod p? Could we include such a code in GiNac somehow?
(Coefficients in Z mod p and modular arithmetic are a prerequisite for
factorization algorithms.)

By contrast, GiNaC's type offers multivariate polynomials and a gcd, but is
less efficient, does not support coefficients Z mod p, and is altogether
separated from CLN's number package?

And if it's not asking too much: Could you give me a short code example on
how to set a modular coefficient ring for polynomial computations in CLN?

Thank you very much!

Servus
Wolfgang
-