cln's gmp

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Thu Dec 7 22:54:56 CET 2000

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Tilman Utz wrote:
> > Actually I don't see what the problem is with getting things to work on
> > win32.  I was under the assumption that it had already been ported for
> > Cygwin by David Billinghurst.
>
> Yes, but there was still a reliance on the cygwin-dll which provides the posix
> background. With the lib, I built now I'm able to produce executables _totally_
> independent of any third party dll's (Someone did that already with cln 1.0 as I
> discovered a couple of hours before, but I didn't check out wheher his patch
> works on 1.0.3, too)

I was refering to patches by Mumit Khan that went into CLN 1.0.1, see
CLN's NEWS file enty for that release.  I do not know about other aspects
of the port and I am pretty sure the other developers don't know either
since none of them uses Windows.

But if you know what you are doing and think it is good work you are
welcome to follow the last two lines of GiNaC's README.  ;-)

(But please do check out CLN 1.1 from CVS and GiNaC from there and work
with these sources since a release is around the corner -- there are no
show-stoppers any more right now.)

Regards
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>