GiNaC with gcc for win32]

Tilman Utz Tilman.Utz at studserv.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Aug 13 22:19:04 CEST 2000

> Have just built and installed GiNaC-0.6.4 on NT4 SP5 with cygwin 1.1.4
>
> cln-1.0.3 installed with prefix=/usr/local/
> GiNaC source tree /usr/local/src/GiNaC-0.6.4
>
> then
>         CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
>         export CPPFLAGS
>         CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
>         export CXXFLAGS
>         LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
>         export LDFLAGS
>
>         mkdir /usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4
>         cd /usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4
>         /usr/local/src/GiNaC-0.6.4/configure
>         make
>         make check
>
> Maximum memory usage during "make check" is about 120 MB.  PC has 128 MB
> :->

Sorry, it still won't work. I suceeded in building and installing the cln-library
(although I had to switch off gmp, had to type a host in the configure command
line and my small example program won't find the libraries without typing the path
in the include line). Configuring GiNaC works, too (libreadline wasn't found, but
I suppose that's a minor problem) but make aborts after few lines complaining
about the following:
tilman utz at TILMAN /usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4
$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4'
Making all in ginac
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4/ginac'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `add.h', needed by `add.lo'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4/ginac'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/obj/GiNaC-0.6.4'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
I don't have the slightest idea what went wrong this time. Could it be that
there's a problem with the directory-structure.
Another question: If I ever suceed in building and installing GiNac, too, will I
be able to use the library with, let's say Visual Studio (ok, Richard B Kreckel
wrote about that in his last Mail, but I didn't understand all, especially, did he
refer to building the library or to compiling executables using the library).
Thanks and regards
Tilman

-
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to ginac-list at ginac.de with a subject of "unsubscribe".