GiNaC Makefile

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ThEP.Physik.Uni-Mainz.DE
Fri Dec 3 19:12:18 CET 1999

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Do Hoang Son wrote:
[...]
> Hi Christian,
> So in such case could we put a check point for configure file, e.g
> if ( version texinfo < 4.0) flag=--disable-html-doc
> else go ahead! :-)))

We could just delete it from /usr/local/bin/, in which case
AM_MISSING_PROG will take proper action. ;-)  Changing the macro will
require to write our own macro, since:
if (makeinfo --version) < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1; then
   MAKEINFO=makeinfo
   echo "$ac_t""found" 1>&6
else
   MAKEINFO="$missing_dir/missing makeinfo"
   echo "$ac_t""missing" 1>&6
fi

> Ok, just a joke, thanks for your guide.

Aren't you supposed to be on vacation?  Are you coding there (in
France)?!?

> PS. But anyways I wonder if we could check the version for any
> involved packages and give a more frinedly mesg. like:" you should have
> bla bla..." instead of throwing  out the errors mesg and stop ?
> If it can be done, GiNac will be as friendly as any application in MS
> Windows env. :-))

Boy, that *was* rude!   ;-)

PS: BTW, you guys have noticed that we are on ginac-list, haven't you?
    These are two lists: ginac-devel and ginac-list.  Maybe I should
    open ginac-flame soon...
--
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>