[GiNaC-devel] Non-commutative symbols

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 24 17:57:11 CET 2015

    JR> Is there any interest in a patch for symbols so that the
    JR> promises of the documentation may be fulfilled? At first sight,
    JR> it looks like a pretty simple task (basically adapting the
    JR> existing code from function.cpp).

    Well, Jan, this is above my understanding of GiNaC operations. For
  some reasons, commutativity/noncommutativity is completely separated
  from other flags like real/positive (which may be easier for reader to
  set). I suppose, it should be a reason for such a decision (which I do
  not know, however).

  But, if you will write the minimal description of the derived class, say,
  ncsymbol (non-commutative symbols), then it shall be welcomed as a
  patch to the tutorial. In fact, from a user point of view, cut&paste this
  code from the tutorial would be as easy as to learn which function
  sets noncommutative property of symbols (if it would be such a function).

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
--
Vladimir V. Kisil                 http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/