[GiNaC-devel] Bug fixes for polylogs

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Thu Jan 16 23:15:37 CET 2014

Hi Stefan,

I'm reverting the patch in CLN. Please see Bruno's explanation below.
(His email hasn't appeared on the list. I have no idea why.)

I realized that the patch in CLN is wrong while I was trying to adjust
the documentation. Then Bruno's email came in and settled the case.

Regarding the original problem in GiNaC: I'm not sure it should be fixed
at all. Considering Bruno's argument, it is neither CLN nor GiNaC that
is wrong, but the calling code of Li2. It should be more careful when
some of the x are computed as +/-1+0.0i. In any case, Li2 shouldn't
convert the argument to +/-1 automatically. Please consider rewriting
this calling code.

Best wishes