[GiNaC-devel] Archiving symbols with empty names

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Aug 22 15:07:21 CEST 2014

	Dear All,

	Developing an archiving routine for a GiNaC derived class I met
  the following problem. Some code (e.g. clifford.cpp) creates indexed
  objects with several dynamically created indexes labelled by new
  symbols with empty names. If such indexed objects are archived, then
  empty-named symbols are treated as identical and the restored object
  has a wrong number of indexes (only one).

  There is a line in void symbol::archive(archive_node &n) const,
  telling

          // XXX: we should not archive anonymous symbols.

  Shall this be fixed somehow?

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
                        www: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
Book: Geometry of Mobius Transformations
http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/p835