[GiNaC-devel] Derivative of conjugated is conjugated of derivative.

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Nov 9 10:24:26 CET 2013

	Dear All,

    VK>   * (minor) presently GiNaC does not allow diff() for anything
    VK> but symbols and z.conjugate() is not a symbol. Shall we allow
    VK> such derivatives?

    Considering this opportunity, the most straightforward solution
  would be to add more diff() methods, which will allow
  cojugate(GiNaC::symbol) squeeze through them.

  However, there is another proposition. I can derive new class
  GiNaC::complexsymbol out of GiNaC::symbol. GiNaC::complexsymbol shall
  have a member-pointer to its conjugated complexsymbol. Constructor
  will create such complexsymbols in conjugated pairs with cross-linked
  pointers. Conjugate_function will act on GiNaC::complexsymbol by
  replacing symbol with its conjugated from the pointer. Then diff() of
  GiNaC::complexsymbol by its conjugated will be 0 out of the box.

  Does this look reasonable?

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
                        www: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
Book: Geometry of Mobius Transformations
http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/p835