[GiNaC-devel] Simplifying powers

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 12:52:09 CEST 2013

	Hi,

    ASh> The `purely_idefinite' flag is redundant
    ASh> (that is !(is_positive || is_negative) is equivalent to  purely_indefinite).

    Not quite so, the former is "contains some indefinite factors"
  (possibly, along with some positive/negative), the later is "consists
  of only indefinite factors" (so, no positive/negative factors inside).

    ASh> status_flags is quite a scarce resource (there are only 32 of
    ASh> them).

    It is true, for this reason I did not create flags for nonnegative/nonpositive.
    May be 64 flags can be possible at same later point?

    Best wishes,
    Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
                        www: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
Book: Geometry of Mobius Transformations
http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/p835