[GiNaC-devel] commit 47a0c68f3e0c4

Alexei Sheplyakov alexei.sheplyakov at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:54:47 CEST 2011

Hi, Jens,

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:00:18AM +0200, Jens Vollinga wrote:

> I put these checks in for a reason and you call them bogus, nice.

> So, at least, could you explain at bit more.

The warning about `missing' ginsh_parser.h and ginsh_lexer.cc is issued
every time. Even if the files in question are actually present:

tar xaf ginac-1.6.0.tar.bz2
mkdir build
cd build
../ginac-1.6.0/configure --disable-static

This fact makes me think that the check is bogus. Also,

../GiNaC/configure --host=i386-mingw32

on Linux fails due to AC_CHECK_FILE (AC_CHECK_FILE does not work when cross
compiling, as per autoconf manual). Breaking compilation is not very nice.
Given that the check itself is not very useful I've decided to remove it.
As a result it's possible to cross compile GiNaC, and there's no incorrect
warnings.

Hope this helps,
	Alexei