[GiNaC-devel] [SCM] GiNaC -- a C++ library for symbolic computations branch, master, updated. release_1-4-0-350-g2205b83

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Sun May 22 16:54:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 22.05.2011 16:41, schrieb Alexei Sheplyakov:
> That patch is bogus. See
> http://www.ginac.de/pipermail/ginac-devel/2011-April/001870.html
> for more details. However, it's also harmless (and we broke the ABI
> anyway). Perhaps it's even

Bogus is a bit strong. We explicitly mention in the manual that one can
use values from 0 to 255 as labels. If a user is obstinate enough to use
255, he might run into bug on certain machines. Yes, this is a lot of
ifs and whens and I agree with you that this patch is unnecessary in
most cases, but nevertheless it does prevent a potential problem.

> a bit useful, as it will prevent similar nonsense patches from
> popping up.

:-)

Regards,
Jens