[GiNaC-devel] GiNaC msvc support patches

Jan private jrheinlaender at gmx.de
Fri Sep 24 09:57:23 CEST 2010

Hello Alexei,

> I've applied your patches and created the master.msvc.support branch.
thanks for the effort.

1. I used the download button on the web page you sent and got
a .tar.gz. It didn't have a configure executable, so I was a bit at a
loss on how to start
2. autoreconf complained about missing files in config/, so I copied
these from ginac-1.5.8
3. After that, libtool gave a version mismatch so I copied aclocal.m4
and m4/* from ginac-1.5.8
4. The attached patch seems to somehow have slipped through the cracks
Problem: MSVC chokes on the "struct"
Solution: Removed it
5. After this, compilation went fine. There are still issues with the
build environment (getting the right libraries for linking), but I am
not motivated right now to fix those. I guess they have nothing to do
with GiNaC, anyway.
6. make check compiles, but several of the executables crash. For
example, in exam_matrices.cpp, in exam_evalm(), doing the matrix
multiplication S*S crashes the program
7. I looked through a diff of ginac-1.5.8 and the new branch, but
couldn't find anything obvious yet. Still looking.

Best regards,
	Jan