[GiNaC-devel] Patch 4

Alexei Sheplyakov alexei.sheplyakov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 15:28:01 CEST 2010

Hi again,

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Jan Rheinländer <jrheinlaender at gmx.de> wrote:
> MSVC unknown functions/symbols

Threre are two problems here. First of all, could you please post a
unified patch? A unified
patch can be made with the following command

diff -Nru ginac.orig ginac.hacked

Secondly, I think your code itself is not completely correct.

> Problem:
> 1. MSVC does not know __func__

Please put something like this into the ginac/compiler.h file

#ifdef MSVC // or whatever it is
#define __func__ "unknown"
#endif

and #include "complier.h" when necessary.

> 2. MSVC does not like sizeof(void*)

This sounds a bit strange. AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(void*) definitely invokes
sizeof(void*).
Could you please exclude this change for now? We'll find the solution later on
(when the remaining issues will be ironed out).

> 3. MSVC does not have __alignof__

However it does have __alignof. Please put the following into ginac/compiler.h

#ifdef MSVC // or whatever it is
#define __alignof__ __alingof
#endif

Best regards,