[GiNaC-devel] Compile with MSVC 98% successful

Jan private jrheinlaender at gmx.de
Mon Aug 23 16:33:36 CEST 2010

Hello Alexei,

> I thought you've posted this to ginac-devel to get your changes applied,
> so building (new versions of) GiNaC with msvc won't be an adventure any
> more.
well, my post was more for the off-chance that someone might be
interested.

If it seems that people are interested, I will try to make patches out
of those changes that seem to be OK. I am aware that a lot of them are
just bad hacks that happen to work. Also, I suspect that a lot of them
are bad hacks because I don't know better. E.g. the problems that MSVC
has with extern declarations inside classes (which I solved by putting
them all in the global namespace) might be solveable with a compiler
option, who knows? I don't.

Thank you for the instructions.
Jan