[GiNaC-devel] Debian files in git repository

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Tue Aug 4 23:07:37 CEST 2009

Dear Alexei,

Alexei Sheplyakov wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 11:14:24AM +0200, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
>> I suppose nobody really cares about the debian/ directory.
>
> That's not quite correct. I use those files to build up-to-date packages
> for lenny.

Uhm, I never really had updates of stable Debian releases in mind since
they won't let me update anyways.

>> The files in there have not been maintained well, lately. Of course,
>> this is because their lifecycle is better maintained over with the Debian
>> packages. Anybody who cares about these files knows where they are: they
>> are contained in the ginac_*.diff.gz files in the Debian package pool.
>
> It would be nice if you put those *.diff.gz files somewhere on GiNaC web
> page too.

Aha. But it would make even more sense to directly advertise your deb
and deb-src repositories, right? I don't seem to be allowed to connect
tohttp://theor.jinr.ru/~varg/debian/hep, though. I'm getting Error 403,
access forbidden.

>> Unless somebody speaks up, I will remove them from the repository, soon.
>
> If this makes your task easier -- so be it, then.

It certainly doesn't make my life easier than not caring at all.  ;-)

But having two sources bears potential for confusion.

Cheers