[GiNaC-devel] GiNaC-devel Digest, Vol 43, Issue 2

Sam Iam academicsam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:01:55 CEST 2008

On Friday October 10 2008 06:00:02 am ginac-devel-request at ginac.de wrote:

Dear Alexei,

Thanks for the info.

> 1. (The esiest) don't use -ftracer
That's what I do now.

> 2. (A little bit more difficult) use my version of CLN, you can get it from
>          git://ffmssmsc.jinr.ru:443/varg/cln.git
>          WARNING: it's binary incompatible with original version (the API
> is the same, though).
Since Gentoo is a source based distribution, this should work. I'll suggest it
on Gentoo bug tracker. But, this might not be easy or even necessary as this
is really a very minor issue. Gentoo build scripts can easily filter
out -ftracer flag.

> 3. (Hard) convince CLN developers to wipe out CL_REQUIRE/CL_PROVIDE stuff.
That's where I went wrong. I thought (mistakenly it appears) CLN is also
developed by this group. I'll give it a try with CLN developers anyway.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

--
Sam

PS: GiNaC is a very cool piece of software. I stumbled on to it by accident,
but I'm glad I did :)