[GiNaC-devel] [GiNaC] patches and questions

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Wed Nov 5 14:41:32 CET 2008

Hi,

Paul Irofti schrieb:
> 	I maintain the ginac port for OpenBSD and I'm trying to update it to the
> latest version (ginac-1.4.3). In doing that I encountered a few problems that
> I fixed. Maybe we can get them commited upstream too? I've attached the patches
> to this email.

thanks for the patches! I applied most of them into our repository. A
release 1.4.4 might soon follow in the next days. :-)

> 	The chec_matrices.cpp patch is for a regression test that goes through
> an infinite loop when attempting to do inverse_matrix() and the determinant
> never becomes 0. So I had to comment that out until we can fix it. Maybe you
> have a solution for this.

I don't know about this one. The check doesn't fail here (and never did
before AFAIR). Maybe this happens only on OpenBSD? Sounds strange. I use
cln 1.2.2 and gcc 4.3.1. Maybe the bug is related to these tools?

> 	The configure patch is for detecting and enabling ::compile stuff, it
> might be OpenBSD specific, but it would be cool if you could make a separate
> case for that upstream.

I also don't know how to treat this one. Your patch applies to
"configure". But in the source "configure.ac" LIBS is not explicitly
extended by "-ldl", only DL_LIBS. So, this seems like we cannot repair
it. Maybe autoconf mixes it up?

> 	The ginac-examples texi was missing a directory entry for info, you
> should add that upstream.
> 	And the Makefile.in patch removes the release target in order to
> generate proper .so with proper versioning.

I applied these both. Thanks!

Regards,
Jens