[GiNaC-devel] GiNaC release 1.4.0

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Tue Sep 4 22:09:04 CEST 2007

Jens Vollinga wrote:
> ok, forget my last two emails, I completely misunderstood the thing. I
> added the examples now to CVS.

Phew!

> What do you recommend: a new version number? just re-packaging?

Uhm, I do dislike repackaging without changing the version number. One
never knows what ways that tarball took in the meanwhile (it could've
been sitting in the Debian archives already) and diffs have a potential
to cause confusion later on. And I don't think missing example files
warrant a new release anyway. Can the issue just be ignored until the
next release is rolled anyway?

Cheers
   -richy.

PS: I think we should meet and talk about that bottle.