[GiNaC-devel] GiNaC's performance bottleneck[s]

Vladimir Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 21 17:20:37 CET 2006

    >> I also have examples of the same code which may run either few
    >> seconds or infinity.
    ShA> Could you please show such an example?

	I do not have a short example. What I met is a part of a rather big
  program (cs.MS/0512073), specifically the chunk which check
  conformality of different distances. It uses series expansion of a
  fraction of two multi-variable polynomials so it can be either gcd()
  or collect() which cause infinite execution, I guess.

  Surprisingly infinite execution occurs only on my office computer but
  never at home, although they both have quite similar hardware
  configuration (Athlons 2800 and 3000).

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk