[GiNaC-devel] Another bug in clifford.cpp

Vladimir Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 5 12:50:45 CET 2006

    CD> However, also in same_metric, get_metric is called and that
    CD> replaces the indices.

	Currently same_metric replaces the indices with indices from the
  metric of another clifford object (assuming that they are
  present).

    CD> indexed(metric, i, j). Is the purpose of having the metric
    CD> inside an indexed object to also store the symmetry of the
    CD> metric?

	Yes, this is another important reason which I forgot to mention.

	Besides that the presence of indeces keep record on the
  dimensionality of the Clifford algebra. Otherwise it need to be stored
  separately if the metric is given for example by minkmetric.

  Overall keeping metric as indexed object can provide some important
  info on generic Clifford algebra which otherwise would be lost.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
--                      www: http://maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/