[GiNaC-devel] AsyForGiNaC - an output extension producing Asymptote files

Vladimir Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 11:47:28 CEST 2006

    JV> Necessary or not? That's the key issue. If you like to add all
    JV> these functions then we are back at my initial objections.

	My personal opinion is that GiNaC should provide basic functionality
  for drawing AND an easy possibility for a user to extend/redefine the
  default routines.

    JV> Is there something else involved than using the numerical value
    JV> of an expression at certain evaluation points?

	Yes, Daniel already mentioned that. Eg, since Asymptote uses cubic
  splines a much better output can be obtained with an enriching evalf() at
  a mesh points with diff().evalf(). A user should have a freedom to get
  access to the whole expression and whole GiNaC set of tools to create
  his own output routines adjusted to specific cases.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
--                      www: http://maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/