CLN demo problem

Warren Weckesser WWeckesser at mail.colgate.edu
Sun Feb 15 22:19:55 CET 2004

Hi,

This is actually a bug report/question about CLN, not ginac.  I tried sending an email to richard.krekel at ginac.de, but I received a response from "System Administrator" saying that the email was undeliverable.

I first installed gmp, and then CLN, and everything installed fine.  The CLN demos fibonacci and nextprime worked great, and the legendre polynomial demo works when I give it one argument.  However, when I give it the second optional argument, it always results in a "Segmentation fault".  Is there something I did wrong, or is there a known problem in the demo program?

(I should have written down the versions of all the relevant software--CLN, gmp, my compilers, etc.  Unfortunately, I am in my office right now, and the computer on which I installed the software is at home.  I downloaded gmp and CLN just a few days ago, so they are the latest versions.)

I'm looking forward to trying ginac.  Thanks for sharing it with the rest of the world!

Best regards,

Warren

Warren Weckesser
Department of Mathematics    Office: 314 McGregory
Colgate University           Phone:  (315) 228-7228
Hamilton, NY 13346           Email:  WWeckesser at mail.colgate.edu