[GiNaC-devel] Factoring, again (Factory)

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Mon Aug 23 22:15:04 CEST 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Ralf Stephan wrote:
> So, assuming I have summarized the situation correctly, which way?

A while ago, I had followed the way of invoking the (powerful) univariate
factoring in NTL but gave that up (due to non-technical reasons).  I had
the impression that the architecture of NTL was much more consistent than
that of the other candidates.  Also, I would be reluctant to add too many
prerequesite libraries (libfac + ntl).

As for the interface, I think the issue is much simpler than in the case
of CLN: there're already normal(), fracfree() and friends for guidance.
Maybe another routine for power users that populates a vector of
factors/exponents would be handy.

Regards