error in object.h (CLN) ?

fausap at libero.it fausap at libero.it
Fri Apr 9 10:42:46 CEST 2004

---------- Initial Header -----------

>From      : owner-ginac-devel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
To          : "GiNaC developers list" ginac-devel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Cc          : "Fausto Saporito" fausap at libero.it
Date      : Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:38:22 +0200 (CEST)
Subject : Re: error in object.h (CLN) ?

> > There's only 2 and 4.
> > Now CL_WIDE_POINTERS is defined only if long_bitsize is 64,

I'm sorry but now I'm not in Italy, so I don't remember where I found this relationship.
By the way, I missed during the compiling of intparam.c to define _HAVE_LONGLONG. If I add this define, because LONGLONG is ok on VMS, the intparam.h is quite different. Anyway I had always the problem.
So, just to test, I modified manually the long_bitsize definition to 64 (in intparam.h), and all was fine.

> Where did you get that from?  In cln/objec.h:70 it's defined only if
> cl_pointer_size is 64.  And these two are a priori unrelated.

Yes... but I remember, but I'm not sure I don't have now the source code, that if cl_pointer_size is related to long_bitsize... I'll try to download the source code on my laptop and I'll check :-)

regards,
fausto