segmentation fault on GiNaC-1.2.0 using MinGW on Win XP

Johannes Brunen jbrunen at datasolid.de
Wed Apr 7 13:28:29 CEST 2004

Hi Christian,

I second your doubts. I think that the problem is a little more hidden.

After I added some print statements into the library_init's constructor I could confirm that this function is
called before the call of function_options::initialize() function, as it was intended. However, the initilaization
of the const _num0 reference happens at some time later. Therefore it is undefined at the point of usage
in the ex::construct_from_int(int i) call from function_options::initialize().
At the point of _num0 initialization the counter has already a value of count == 33.

I still think that the problem lies in the initialization order of statics defined in different translation units.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find an exact explanation of my guess.

With best regards

Johannes