Problem report

John Fletcher J.P.Fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 12:01:15 CEST 2003

Hello

I attach a program which compiles and runs and asks to be
reported.  A copy of that message is as a comment in the code.

System:

Red Hat 9.0 with gcc 3.2  cln 1.1.5 and GiNaC 1.1.4 installed with
no extra options (recently installed).

A word about what I am trying to do.

I want to use the ex class as a template parameter

something<ex>

and the class something<  > makes use of Boost and deep inside
wants to convert  GiNaC::ex  to double and cannot find a way to do
this.  I want to provide a default way to satisfy that request EVEN IF
IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE to get under way the use of GiNaC
for symbolic calculation inside the template class.

This is very much a "first action".  The later action includes a more
thorough use of GiNaC to replace the Boost library within the
template class.

I have already done something similar with a different symbolic
algebra in C++.

Thanks

John Fletcher

Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: J.P.Fletcher at aston.ac.uk
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.      CEAC Web site
http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/