Is relational::is_equal patch needed?

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Thu Nov 22 17:38:14 CET 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> > Can you send a patch?  I am planning to put out 1.0.1 tomorrow.
>
> You can find patches attached. Features include
> 	(a<b).is_equal(b>a)   -> true
> 	(a==b).is_equal(b==a) -> true
> 	etc.
>
> Note that I had to introduce also
> 	relational::calchash
> such that
> 	hash(a < b) == hash(b > a)
> 	hash(a == b) == hash(b == a)
> 	etc.
> in order to relational::is_equal_same_type will acctually called on
> 	(a<b).is_equal(b>a)
> Earlier a<b and b>a had different hash values and basic::is_equal used to
> return false on such cases.

Right, the patch looks okay.  There is one minor tidbit, however:
The method relational::compare_same_type() should also incorporate logic
along the lines of what you did in relational::is_equal_same_type().  I
have added this now and am spinning the release.

Thanks a lot
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>
<http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~kreckel/>