bug

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Thu Jan 4 14:27:21 CET 2001

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Ralf Hoch wrote:
> I use gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.0) on Pent.III
> gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

Redhat 7.0 sucks.  Please read <http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html> to learn
why.

We have observed this behaviour from time to time with different versions
of GCC, but only with non-released ones.  Are you saying the error occured
in egcs-1.1.2 as well?  I'll have a look at what gcc-3.0 prereleases do
and maybe file a bug against it if it doesn't like matrix.h:144 either.
In any case, I am pretty sure the error is not GiNaC's.

> Whenever I want to compile ginac I got the following error:
>
> In file included from /usr/local/include/ginac/ginac.h:39,
> /usr/local/include/ginac/matrix.h:144: non-local function `GiNaC::ex
> GiNaC::determinant (const GiNaC::matrix &, unsigned int =
> GiNaC::determinant_algo::automatic)' uses anonymous type

Just delete that default argument in matrix.h:143 and it should work for
you.  Or bootstrap a decent compiler (e.g. gcc-2.95.2) and use that one
instead (but beware the ABI has changed, so you will have to recompile CLN
as well).

Regards
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>