bug(?): garbage produced by archive_node.get_string

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Thu Aug 16 15:29:32 CEST 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
>
> > Pearu, this is unreproducible: it doesn't produce that garbage here.  What
> > version of CLN are you using and what were the exact compiler switches CLN
> > and GiNaC were compiled with?
>
> CLN is 1.1.
> And the command line is:
> 	g++ test_archive.cpp -lcln -lginac
>
> > Can other people please try to see if they can reproduce Pearu's problem
> > on their system?  Thanks.
>
> I have the same problem on Debian potato.
>
> With 'g++ -v' it outputs (if it helps):
>
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.2/specs
> gcc version 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)
                     ^^^^^^^^
Still negative.  I also tried it on a RedHat 7.1.93 (Roswell) box and
Debian's testing distribution (Woody).  The string above looks like a
vanilla Debian box.  We use the very same compiler over here.  We use
CLN-1.1.2 but AFAICT there were no problems on Intel-arch with older
versions.  Are you really running CLN-1.1 and not 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?  Are you
using a Debian package of CLN?  If so, which is the precise version?  Can
you update to CLN-1.1.2 and see if the problem persists?  If so, could you
please send us the exact lines how to reproduce it, beginning from
configure-flags, the values of CXXFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS and all this
for both CLN and GiNaC?

Regards
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>