GiNaC/ginac print.h ...

Christian Bauer cbauer at student.physik.uni-mainz.de
Sun Apr 8 23:13:57 CEST 2001

Hi!

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 06:17:50PM +0200, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> basic::precedence

Why do you need this?

> pseries::seq
> pseries::var
> pseries::point

These are theoretically accessible with op() but you will have to extract
the expansion variable and point manually. I will add get_var() and get_point()
methods. Then you can get the coefficients by iterating over coeff() from
ldegree() to degree() (and ignoring zero coefficients).

> expairseq::seq
> expairseq::overall_coeff

These are accessible with op(). You don't need (and don't want) to access
seq/overall_coeff directly.

Here's another idea for finding all properties of all objects of a GiNaC
expression: if you archive the expression, all relevant information will be
stored inside an archive object. Currently, it's all safely hidden inside,
but I see no problem in making the data available for public read access. It
should then be easy to, e.g., convert an archived expression to a Python
initializer.

Bye,
Christian

--