lt-exams test is running forever

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Apr 2 16:52:30 CEST 2001

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> > In my Alpha(ev56) Linux box (with RH6.1, gcc 2.95.2, the latest GiNaC from
> > CVS, CLN-1.1, GMP-3.1.1) the lt-exams test is running already 15 hours:
> >
> > <snip>
> > GiNaC will now take an exam with specific input (like a pupils' exam):
> > examining several historic failures just out of paranoia..........
> >
> > Any ideas why?
>
> No.  I just checked with the following setup: Alpha(ev4) Debian 2.2, gcc
> 2.95.2, gmp-3.1.1, CLN-1.1 from Debian's pool).  It works like a charm.
> Have you been using any weird compiler switches?

No. In addition I have found that run_times test succeeds. run_checks
succeeds only partially:

GiNaC will now run through some rather costly random consistency checks:
checking consistency of numeric types.. passed
checking consistency of symbolic functions.... passed
checking symbolic matrix manipulations...

that now runs forever.

Pearu