factorization with GiNaC (update)

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Wed Sep 27 15:56:02 CEST 2000

Hi Bernard,

That looks promising, though it usually needs tons of small manual fixes
to get it compiled.  Before diving deeper into this: Could the replication
of GiNaC header files not be avoided?  That makes  maintening your code a
nightmare.  You seem to be accessing class power's basis and exponent,
hence declaring them public.  (I hope you don't write them in reference
counted objects anywhere.)  For accessing, you could simply use the
.op(0) and .op(1) method.  I haven't understood yet what you do with
expairseq but I am under the impression that this can be dealt with in the
same way?

Regards
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>