ToDo-list

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ThEP.Physik.Uni-Mainz.DE
Wed Jan 12 02:17:47 CET 2000

Good morging,

Higher forces (drunken collegues) have just urged me to send this mail to
the list:    ;*)
Today I have written a little summary about possible future extensions of
GiNaC accessible at <http://www.ginac.de/ToDo.html>.  Feel free to comment
on it.

regards
     -rbk.

PS: I have been wondering for a while about ASSERT.  Don't we need two
    different kinds of assertions?  One for things within the library like
    the GINAC_ASSERT(is_canonical()); at line 94 in ginac/mul.cpp and one
    like the GINAC_ASSERT(is_exactly_of_type(other, matrix)); at line 255
    in matrix.cpp?  (Both lines refer to current CVS stuff.)  The first
    one marks an oops that can only happen to developers of the library,
    the second can happen to anybody.  In a distribution, the first one
    may be ommitted from the normal runtime-library, but not the second,
    which may not even be fatal but only issue a warning.  Maybe we do
    need a soft and a hard ASSERT???
--
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>