problem with normal()

Alexander Frink Alexander.Frink at Uni-Mainz.DE
Fri Sep 10 14:29:37 CEST 1999

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Alexander Frink wrote:
> I found a problem with normal() which did not exist in older
> versions of GiNaC, but I have not found out yet when exactly
> it broke:

I tried several old versions, and it seems that this bug has
been present for quite a long time, since end of May.

On May 28, it still worked.
On May 29, 30 and 31, the test produces a division by zero error
Beginning with Jun 01, normal() does not work as expected.

The division by zero problem was probably introduced by a change
in numeric.cpp, checked in May 28 18:59, and fixed May 31 18:24,
the only other files which changed were normal.h and normal.cpp,
checked in May 31 18:24 and 19:00 resp.

--
Alexander Frink                      E-Mail: Alexander.Frink at Uni-Mainz.DE
Institut fuer Physik                 Phone:  +49-6131-393391