normal()

Alexander Frink Alexander.Frink at Uni-Mainz.DE
Mon Oct 25 16:04:38 CEST 1999

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> > > but why does it return in the form power(), eg. power(q10,2) instead of
> > > q10^2 ?
>
> *** print_awfully_broken_power-code_by_alexander.cpp   Fri Oct 22 14:50:52 1999

I prefer to call it print_fixed_annoying_power_bug-code_by_me.cpp
Finally 2^(1/2) is printed in a correct, unambigous, though unusual form.

OK, the real reason why I changed this was a bug which occured when
I changed expairseq.cpp with the overall_coeff stuff. Deeply inside
the check program a huge expression was produced which violated
ASSERTs. To investigate it further I wanted to cut and paste this
expression to a test programm, but neither print, printtree,
printraw nor printcsrc produced a suitable output.
Therefore I patched power::print(). Change it back if you prefer,
but I think in the long run this should be configurable by an
option to print().

--
Alexander Frink                      E-Mail: Alexander.Frink at Uni-Mainz.DE
Institut fuer Physik                 Phone:  +49-6131-393391