[CLN-list] floating point underflow

Michael Schuster schuster at enertex.de
Mon Oct 29 16:55:15 CET 2007

Hi Richy & Cln-List,
Am Samstag 27 Oktober 2007 schrieb Richard B. Kreckel:
> In order for anyone to be able to help you it is essential that you
> write a reduced test case where the problem appears and can be
> investigated.
Attachted I made a little demo programm which shows the problem. My output
is :
fnCalc1:1.49557e-52
fnCalc2:1.49557e-52
fnCalc2 + 0 :1.49557e-52
fnCalc3:0
Watch this!! 0
Watch this!! 1.49557e-52

The line >>Watch this!! 0<< should be  >>Watch this!! 1.49557e-52<< at least
in my mathematical opion.

Ok, I donot know if my construct with the class Real is a possibile good
design. I wanted to have an easy possibility to switch from built-in-double
type to a class type with higher precision.

Another problem is why I come (in my original programm) to a Real value-type
of cl_SF while I only use the Real base class with cl_float() function as in
the demo. But this is for next mailings here.

My system:
$gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)
Dies ist freie Software; die Kopierbedingungen stehen in den Quellen. Es
gibt KEINE Garantie; auch nicht für VERKAUFBARKEIT oder FÜR SPEZIELLE ZWECKE.

$rpm -q cln
cln-1.1.9-5

Thanks for any hint.

Michael