[CLN-list] make failed on .libs/exam

horbelt at uni-freiburg.de horbelt at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Oct 26 21:10:04 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 08:50, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Just to add a bit of information to this problem (not that I
> know if it helps):
yes, it helps keeping me trying :-)

> CVS HEAD of cln compiles and passes `make
> check' here, albeit with gmp installed.  That is with no
> additional compiler/linker flags, i.e. 64 bit code, on a
> Xeon/x86_64.  Compiler is gcc-3.3.3 on Fedora. I have not
> tested 32bit on this system.
so let's stay with the default setting.

1. I found that libtool (generated from ltmain.sh) has a loop
"for i in $lib_search_path $sys_lib_search_path
$shlib_search_path; do ..."

None of these search paths contains /usr/lib64 which holds my
libgmp.so, so this explains the warnings.

2. the line causing the linker errors is
g++ -g -O2 $objects -o .libs/exam  ../src/.libs/libcln.so -lgmp
-lm -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/scratch/werner//lib
with objects="exam*.o"

can anybody tell me which of tests/exam*.o, src/.libs/libcln.so
or libgmp.so is supposed to contain these symbols like
_GLOBAL__I_cl_module__cl_GV_number__firstglobalfun?
Ralf, could you look on your system?
I know nm shows symbols in object files and libs.
or which subpart of these names do I have to search for?

thanks for your help
werner