[CLN-list] make failed on .libs/exam

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Sun Oct 24 10:44:03 CEST 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, werner wrote:
> On Saturday 23 October 2004 17:39, you wrote:
> > Well, it seems to be CLN 1.1.8 because of the shared
> > library name libcln.so.3.0.2, see below.
> right
>
> > BTW, what is that entire message trying to tell me?  If
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH was missing
> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib64/modules

And libgmp is sitting in /usr/lib64/, right?

> > one should not be able to
> > configure with gmp in the first place.  Werner, can you
> > try specifying --without-gmp on CLN's configure command
> > line?
> then the -lgmp warning disappears, but the linker errors are
> the same

Very strange.  Could you please send us the files generated during
configuration?  That would be config.h and intparam.h in the include/cln/
directory.

> > Strange.  Unfortunately, I am without access to such a
> > machine.  What I fail to see is how that can possibly be
> > different from amd_64, where I compiled and tortured CLN
> > during the last two weeks?  Werner, please tell us what
> > your CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS were.
> I didn't change them, in src/Makefile I found:
> CXXFLAGS = -g -O2
> INCLUDES = -I../include -I$(top_srcdir)/include
> override CPPFLAGS += $(INCLUDES)

Okay, thanks.  I just wanted to make sure it isn't -O0 or -O3.

> are chances better with an older version?

No; I wouldn't know why that should be the case.

Regards