[GiNaC-list] Polynomial Zeros

Vladimir V. Kisil V.Kisil at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Oct 11 10:14:40 CEST 2023

    CW> Hi GiNaC!  Is there a built-in method to find all zeros of a
    CW> polynomial? I'm trying to find symbolic zeros if possible and
    CW> numeric zeros for all other cases.

    If I remember correctly, analytic expression for polynomial roots is
  possible only up to the four order (inclusively). These formulae can
  be directly coded by a user. For a generic polynomial with integer
  coefficient factor() method may give hint on possible integer
  roots. Numerical approximation may be obtained by fsolve(), see
  section "2.2 What it can do for you" of the tutorial.
--
Vladimir V. Kisil                 http://www1.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
  Book:      Geometry of Mobius Maps       https://doi.org/10.1142/p835