[GiNaC-list] Some problem Installing GiNaC on Linux

Vladimir V. Kisil V.Kisil at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jan 16 21:42:33 CET 2021

	Hello,

	I am not sure that can be the cause. Is it possible that you
  have several different GiNaC versions installed on your computer in
  different locations? What are outputs of these commands:

pkg-config --variable=prefix ginac
pkg-config --libs ginac

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
--
Vladimir V. Kisil                 http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
  Book:      Geometry of Mobius Maps       https://doi.org/10.1142/p835

    이재욱> Hello GiNac-list,

    이재욱> I have some problems installing the GiNaC on Linux. May I
    이재욱> ask you for advice?

    이재욱> I followed the tutorial PDF to install, and the linux
    이재욱> computer showed a message that "See check/test-suite.log
    이재욱> Please report to ginac-list at ginac.de ".

    이재욱> So, I sent an email to get some advice.

    이재욱> I have the below prerequisite software version.  $ g++
    이재욱> --version : 4.8.5 $ git --version : 1.8.3.1 $ autoconf
    이재욱> --version : 2.69 $ libtool --version : 2.4.6 $ automake
    이재욱> --version : 1.13.4

    이재욱> These files are in the '/usr/bin/' and I will install the
    이재욱> GiNaC in the '/home/{USERNAME}/Package/' (I think these
    이재욱> points make some problems.)

    이재욱> First, I install the CLN before installing the GiNaC.  $
    이재욱> ./configure --prefix=/home/{USERNAME}/Package $ make $ make
    이재욱> check (--> all Pass) $ make install

    이재욱> And then, I try to install the GiNaC $ export
    이재욱> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/{USERNAME}/Package/lib/pkgconfig $
    이재욱> ./configure --prefix=/home/{USERNAME}/Package $ make $ make
    이재욱> check (--> there are 7 fail, and 51 PASS; it shows me the
    이재욱> above message) Related log file(test-suite.log) is attached,
    이재욱> I do not know what is wrong.

    이재욱> Please let me help to install GiNaC well Thanks, ljw.

    이재욱> Alternatives: