[GiNaC-list] Bug Report

Jon Graves jmgraves8 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 01:09:49 CEST 2011

OS:  Ubuntu 11.04

Compiled with g++:  g++ -o test test.cpp -lcln -lginac

GiNaC ver:  1.60

Sample version of program attached.  My program is only meant to simplify
expressions that resemble this form:
(x^n)^(1/n) = x

This program is using a particular value of n to demonstrate what I believe
to be a bug (n=2).  Two similar methods are employed to attempt to simplify
the expression, using wildcards, but only the first one works, while the
second doesn't.  The second one is the most general one, useful for any
situation ... if it worked.  Is this a bug?

~Jon